FirstLatch.net is a division of Lactation Education Resources (LER).
To develop and deliver learning opportunities in lactation and breastfeeding skills from novice to expert.
To contribute to the health of mothers and infants by training breastfeeding supporters to promote, protect and support breastfeeding.
Our Core Values
- We believe that every baby deserves breastmilk.
- We believe that every mother deserves an empowering breastfeeding experience.
- Our students are motivated to help mothers and babies achieve this goal.
- Our training programs provide the education and techniques to train aspiring lactation consultants.
- We adhere to the World Health Organization Code on Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
Lactation Education Resources has been providing lactation management training for over 20 years ranging from 1 hour courses for parents to 90 hour lactation consultant training in both onsite and online formats. Vergie Hughes RN, MS, IBCLC, the principal and program director has been a lactation consultant for over 25 years and organizing training sessions for over 20 years. She has a wide range of experience from in-patient maternity, milk banking, out-patient clinic, private practice, the NICU and workplace breastfeeding support.
Please see Vergie Hughes' CV for further details about experience in similar training programs. Please see https://www.lactationtraining.com/about-ler/our-history for the history and development of Lactation Education Resources.